Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Question Up For Grabs: Is Sacrifice Good or Bad?
Reflections on Ayn Rand and Objectivism vs Christianity

Jesus, John, you’ve made a bloody mess”

He said:

The wound was self inflicted when
Their shadows tore Prometheus down
Who came bare armed and stood alone
To strain at clouds and raise up towers

He peeled away the smothering night--
It burned and blinded watery eyes
Their fingers grabbed his first-set foot
And cried

Swallow him for the good!

I simply pulled him from the altar
And left them to each other

He said:

Their naked shadows reached too high
To strain at clouds and raise up towers
Prometheus found his dusty limbs
and fell down for a little while

I peeled away the smothering night
It dropped in folds around my feet
He came across the dusty rock
And cried

Swallow me for the good!

I simply put him on the altar
And left them to each other

No comments:

Post a Comment